Creating Your Blog
You will post your projects and written work to your blog. The blog is required.
DIRECTIONS FOR BLOG SET UP:
1. Go to www.blogger.com
2. Sign in and click “New Blog”.
3. Create the title of your blog. This should be the initials of your name and “Photo I” or “Rapp Photo I”. For example: MNRPhotoI. Do not put your whole name in your title for safety purposes.
If it says the name is taken try different combinations.
4. Pick your template design and hit “create blog”.
5. Click “View Blog” and copy the link.
6. Send Ms. Rapp an email with the link pasted inside the email.
VISUAL BLOG HANDOUT/STEP BY STEP
First Post: Goals
FIRST BLOG POST: GOALS
Your first blog post will be your three goals for this class.
Your goals should be specific and something you can show growth/prove that you learned the skill(s) and material.
Pick one from each category to create a goal.
Understand Study Apply Plan Create Design
Use Collaborate Adept Explore Skilled Compose
Learn Grow Achieve Capture Fabricate
Shooting in Manual Mode
Ideas and Concepts Light Time Lapse
Depth of Field Style
Photoshop Artists/Art Movements/Photographers
Movement Night Photography
Match one action with one skill. For example:
"My goal is to learn how to take professional family portraits," or "I will create light writing images."
Every blog post should have:
* Initial images
* Peer Review
* Photo I: Vocabulary (in your own words)
* Final images
* Summary: What you learned, what was difficult, how you problem-solved, explain your concept.
Details & Tips
* Use the feedback and self-reflection to improve your work! This shows growth and thought process.
• Don't drag photos into your blog posts. Use the little photo icon to add photos.
• Always log out at the end of the day.
* Close iPhoto down as soon as it pops up! iPhoto will ruin your images - do NOT use!
* Do not drag an image into Photoshop or email images to yourself - this also ruins your images.
Turning Work In
• Make sure you are saving your photos on a flash drive!
* At the end of the term, you will turn 10 of your best images in for submission to art shows. This will be graded.
* Save work on your server as well.